Title: “Leading Innovation in Financial Services”
Date: 17th of June 2021, 4 pm CET
Duration: 100 minutes
Audience: The networks of the Banks & Endeavor
Platform: Zoom Webinar
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xnjvG2Z8TmuMiUrgKfNu4Q
Speakers: BBVA, Intesa Sanpaolo Group, NBG, Sella Group, 4 fintech companies / invited by the banks.
BBVA, Intesa Sanpaolo Group, National Bank of Greece & Sella Group
Four banks in Southern Europe have joined forces to explore synergies centered around innovation and
They are launching an open, public dialogue to get to know each other, explore a framework of regional
collaboration, and support innovative initiatives that will enhance the economy of the region.
The discussion of the event will be around the following topics;
- What is the role of financial institutions in local innovation ecosystems and in Fintech?
- What are typical cases of Fintech investments & collaborations the banks are involved in typically with?
- What is the future of Fintech in Southern and South-eastern Europe?
- Why is a network of banks necessary, and what sort of reach can its actions have?
“Welcoming participants, and introduction of the initiative and the panelists”, by Endeavor
“Leading Innovation in Financial Services”, by George Stasinopoulos
George Stasinopoulos, Strategy Lead, Innovation Accelerator, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Panel A’ – Banks
“National Initiatives – International Collaborations”, by National Bank of Greece, BBVA, Intesa Sanpaolo Group, Sella Group
Spyros Arsenis, Head of Innovation Division, National Bank of Greece
Ainhoa Campo Nieto, Global Head of Open Innovation at BBVA
Paola Papanicolaou, Group Head of Innovation, Intesa Sanpaolo Group
Andrew Vasko, Group Chief Transformation Officer, Sella Group
Panel B’ – Portfolio Cases
“National Investment Cases & Collaborations” , by 4 fintech companies, directly collaborating with National Bank of Greece, BBVA, Intesa Sanpaolo Group, Sella Group
Company #1, Invited by National Bank of Greece
Company #2, Invited by BBVA
Company #3, Invited by Intesa Sanpaolo Group
Company #4, Invited by Sella Group
“Closing the day”, by Endeavor
Section 1: Introduction, by Endeavor
Endeavor will welcome the attendees to the event, explain the importance of the initiative bringing together the four banks, and will give a short introduction of the day and the speakers.
Section 2: Keynote Speech, by George Stasinopoulos, Strategy Lead, Innovation Accelerator, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
George Stasinopoulos, will introduce the approach of global financial institutions, such as JP Morgan, when it comes to innovation, internally and externally, will give the scope of fintech innovation on the other side of the Atlantic and share the upcoming latest trends in the sector.
Section 3: Panel A – Banks, by National Bank of Greece, BBVA, Intesa Sanpaolo Group, Sella Group.
Discussion moderated by Endeavor
- Introduction of the speakers – who are they? Which are their key innovation initiatives they host within their groups? with what cases do they work with? (examples of investment or collaboration)
- What is the scope of the local ecosystems the banks are involved in?
- What are their points of view with regards to the future of fintech in the South-European region? What in their view are the key topics/issues that the latest financial & consumer trends brought to light?
- How important is it to have a powerful network of banks to enhance innovation in the region?
Section 4: Panel B – Portfolio Cases, by 4 invited companies, by the 4 banks (1 company / bank)
Discussion moderated by Endeavor
- Introduction of the speakers – who they are, what their company does, what problem is it trying to solve?
- How do they collaborate with the banks? What kind of support have they received from?
- What are the pros and cons of working together with large financial institutions and groups?
- How do they foresee the future of their industry in the region
- How do they see the role of banks shaping the future of their industries and what is needed to achieve that?
- What makes a network of banks successful and what sort of reach can its actions have in their businesses?
Section 5: Closing, by Endeavor
Endeavor will close the day, thanking the attendees and the speakers of their participation.